Batra Ortho And Joint Replacement Centre
Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Centre
The Orthopaedic Department at Batra hospital has some of the best known orthopaedic surgeons of India, trained in orthopaedic super specialities in India and abroad (England). Some are fellows of computer assisted navigation joints replacement (Australia). The technique is being practised in this hospital regularly and in making nearly Zero Error Surgery. The department also specializes in MIS (Mini Invasive Surgery) which makes knee replacement surgery possible through a small incision, approx. 10 cm, using navigation as well as special ligament tensor equipment. Orthopaedic team is committed to provide best possible care to our patient to their family and to the community.
I. Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Microdiscectomy. (Cervical, thoracic and lumbar)
- Spinal decompression and Spinal Stabilization.
- Inter vertebral disc replacement.
- Kyphotic and Scoliotic deformity corrective surgey.
II. Joints Replacement
- Computer assisted navigation knee joint replacement surgery.
- Possibility of ability to sit cross legged and hari near normal life style.
- Minimally invasive (MIS – TKR) Total Knee Joint Replacement Surgery.
- Unicondylar knee replacement.
- Total Knee, hip, elbow, ankle and shoulder joints replacement.
- Revision Arthroplasty of hip, knee, and elbow joints etc. • Total hip / knee replacements, which allow patient, to sit cross legged or squat, and hence also allow activities like prayers (puja, namaz etc.) leisure activities like gardening, playing golf etc, and be able to live life near normal life style and capability to go for long walks may be 4-5 kms.
III. Orthopaedic Sports Medicine &Arthroscopic Surgery
- Meniscus Repair
- ACL/PCL reconstruction
- Shoulder reconstruction
- Rotator cuff repair.
- Ankle and elbow arthroscope.
- Frozen shoulder.
IV. Trauma Surgery:
- External &Internal fixation of fractures
- Management of Polytrauma patient by the trauma team
- Management of complicated, neglected and difficult fractures
- Management of acetabular fractures and deficiencies.
- Management of spine injuries, including complex fractures, spinal cord decompression and spine stabilisation.
The department has dedicated O Ts of international standards.
V. Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fractures in children and their management.
- Special care for club foot (child born with twisted foot) started from day of birth.
- Congenital &developmental diseases.
- Corrective osteotomies for genu varum and valgus.
VI. Orthopedic Oncology
- Limb Salvage Surgery for bone tumours. This means en bloc resection of the tumour and artificial replacement as required, to maintain the integrity and function of the limb.
- En bloc resection of vertebral tumours and artificial replacement and stabilization surgery as required, variable from patient to patient.
- Limb reconstruction surgery
- Multi stage limb reconstruction surgery for crush injury of foot, leg, arm and hand
- Limb lengthening surgery
- Multiple level osteotomies.
- Elizarov ring fixator for limb length discrepancy (post traumatice, congenital)