Dr. Ramesh Kumar
Batra Dialysis and Kidney Transplant Centre , Nephrology
Recipient of Padam Shri & Padam Bhushan (2003)
- Professor of Nephrology, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Chief Nephrologist & Head, Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Chief Nephrologist, Head - Nephrology & Kidney Transplantation, Batra Hospital & M.R.C, New Delhi
- Chief Nephrologist, Head - Nephrology & Kidney Transplantation, Moolchand Medicity, New Delhi
- Pioneer of Artificial Kidney Program & Kidney Transplantation in India.
- Singular distinction of starting Artificial Kidney Program at AIIMS, New Delhi & guiding force at other centers in Delhi and Northern India.
- Pioneer of Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) in India.
- Establishing the training programs for medical, technical and nursing in Nephrology.
- 120 Scientific publications, chapters in books and monographs. Book- Kidney Transplants & Scams, India's Troublesome Legacy. January 2020.
- Avid teacher, chief guide to M.D., D.M., D.N.B programs students.
- Receipt of multiple Awards and Accolades.
- Worldwide recognition for identification of Cyclophosphamide induced Sterility.
- Examiner: M.B.B.S., M.D., M. Ch (Urology), D.M. (Nephr.) & D.N.B (Nephr.), Urology and Ph.D.
- External Examiner: Universities of Rajasthan and Agra.
- Guest Lecture at University of London Benghazi, Libiya, Pakistan. Tokyo & others.
- Visiting Professor: Universities - London, Denver, Tokyo, Syracuse, Benghazi.
- Treating Physician to Various dignitaries in India.
- Chief Physician to Prime Minister of India, Union Health Minister and others.
- External expert - Selection of Professor Nephrology, AIIMS, 2014 & 2016.
- Author and Published the book of Kidney Transplant and Scam in India 2020 by Sage/Vitasta.
- The book on “Practice Clinical of Nephrology" sent to the publisher.
- Manuscripts of " The Other Sides" and "A Guide to good life at home" are under publication.