Dr. Manoj Talwar
Main interests in Endo-Urology, Laser and Laparoscopy Urology procedures for enlarged prostate (HOLEP), stone disease (Laser Lithotripsy) and partial and radical nephrectomy (Uro-oncology). Non-invasive techniques for Cancer Prostate (HIFU therapy) with excellent outcome in comparison to robotic surgery. Pelvic floor repair by minimal invasive slings and Gynae supportive mesh in female incontinence. Prosthesis implants like Artificial Urinary Sphincter (male incontinence) and penile prosthesis in impotence cases has improved life style in affected person are also the main interests in this specialty.
Workshops & Training Courses:
- Advanced technique in Endoscopic Surgery: Laparoscopic suturing and knotting. 1-3 Jan. 1996. AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Actively Participated in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy course in first conference IASG, 1990 Hyderabad
- Post graduate training course in microsurgical operative Andrology and Semen processing 2nd Asian & Oceanic Congress of Andrology. 16-20Nov. 1996. PGI, Chandigarh.
- International workshop on lasers 6-8 Feb. 1997, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- CUE/ Workshop in Urolithrasis. Agra Urological Club, 19 Nov. Agra.
- CUE/ Endocrinology-Urology Workshop-96, Army Hospital, 19-20 Oct. 96, Delhi Cantt.
- CUE/ on Uro-Oncology NZ-USI. 26 Feb. 95, Pt. B.D.Sharma Medical College, Rohtak.
- CUE/ on Advanced Laparoscopic Urology 24th to 27th April 2002, New Delhi.
- CUE/ on Endocrinology -Urology 4th&5th May 2002, R & R Hospital New Delhi.
- Arterio-venous fistula in Anatomical Snuffbox for maintenance Haemodialysis; Ind. Jr. Of Nephrology, Vol.3 no. 3 July -Sep. 1987.
- Tuberculosis Orchitis Ind. Journal of Urology, Vol. 10.No.1.1993.
- Primary Adenocarcinoma of the Urinary Bladder. Case report with review of literature. Ind. Jr. of Pathology and Microbiology. 37:4, 453-458. 1994.
- Uretero-vaginal fistula following laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy: A case report with review of Literature. Int. Jr. of Uro-Gynecology & Pelvic Floor Dysfunction 7:231-233, 1996.
- Extra peritoneal laparoscopic bladder neck suspension: A case report. Ind. Jr. of Urology. 13: 2; 91-92, 1997.
- Renal aspergillosis - A case report. Ind. J. of Nephrology Vol. 6, No. 2, 56-57, 1996..
- Retroperitoneal nephrotectomy for benign disease of the kidney: A comparison of laparoscopic and open technique J. Endourology, 1999 Aug: 13 (6) : 425 -31.
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy via retroperitoneal access for mammoth size hydronephroic kidney - int. Urol. Nephrol 1994, 31 (6) 314-15.
- Malakoplakia of prostate mimicking malignancy: A case report. Accepted for publication in Indian Hr. of Urology. 1997.
- Organ sparing treatment of benign disease of lower urinary tract (Review Article). Accepted for publication in British Journal of Urology.
- Concomitant renal and prostate aspergillosis - sent for publication in Int. J. Urol and Nephrol.
- Retroperitoneoscopic nephrectomy: Preliminary experience and financial implications - sent for publication in Ind. J Urol.
- Endoscopic marsupialisation of posterior urethral false passage to the bladder base-sent for publication in ActaUrologicaitalica.
- Endoscopic management of prolapsing orthotopicureterocele in an adult female - A case report - sent for publication in int. J. of Urogyanecology.
- Endoscopic removal of an unusual foreign body in the bladder - sent for publication in Ind. J. Urology.
- Leiomyomatavesical outlet obstruction. Case report and demonstration of MR appearance - sent for publication in Int. J. of Urogynaecology.
- Stone necklace of urinary tract presenting as chronic renal failure - One stage management sent for publication in Ind. J. Urology.
- Clinical profile of 206 patients of carcinoma prostate patients - under process.
- True Hermaphrodite: An unusual presentation - under process.
Fellowship and Awards:
- Hargobind Trust Travelling Fellowship 1996-97. Winner with best academic record. Conducted at Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital. Nadiad. Gujrat from 12/10/97 to 26/10/97.
- Bharat Gourav Award of International Friendship Society for the year 1999.
- Best Scientific paper at BAUS (British Association of Urological Surgeons).
- Hemal AK. Talwar M. Gupta NP. Wadhwa SN. A prospective comparison of retroperitoneoscopic nephrectomy with open nephrectomy Br Jr. Urol. Int. 1999; 83 (4) : 49.
- Effect of H2 blockers on prognosis after simple closure of perforated Duodenal Ulcer, presented in first conference. Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, Hyderabad. 10-12 Aug. 1990.
- Study on the role of growth fraction in differentiation of clinically significant cancers from latent cancers. Presented in first conference of the Nephrology - Urology-Transplantation society of SAARC Countries. New Delhi. India. 24-26 March, 1995.
- Retroperitoneal Nephrectomy for benign disease of the kidney; A comparison between open and laparoscopic technique; Presented in USICON -97, 20 -24, Jan. 1997 under G.M. Phadke award category. Also presented at SIU Montreal Sep. 1997 and American College of Surgeons Oct. 1997 (Co-author).
- Cost-effective laparoscopic extra peritoneal bladder neck suspension. Presented in USICON-97, 20-24. Jan. 1997. (Video presentation).
- Retroperitoneoscopic renal cyst excision. Poster presentation in USICON - 97, 20-24 Jan. 1997.
- Organ sparing treatment for benign disease of lower urinary tract - read at SIU, Montreal Canada, September 1997.
- Primary Endoscopic re-alignment traumatic posterior urethral disruption. Presented at 20th NZUSICON Gurgaon 7th to 10th September 2010 (Moderated Poster Presentation).
- Parachuteureterocystoplasty with continent mitrofanoff appendix conduit for unilateral non-functional refluxing mega ureter & small neurogenic incontinent bladder. Presented at 45thUSICON Bangalore on 5th to 8th January 2012 (Video Presentation).
- Rare Adult Benign Metastatic Tumor of the Testis. Presented at46th USICON Pune 17th to 20th January, 2013 (Video Presentation).
- Artificial Urinary Sphincter (AMS-800) for Post-prostectomy urinary incontinence - Our experience of 5 cases.Presented at46th USICON Pune 17th to 20th January, 2013 (Moderated Poster Presentation).